Thanks in large part to national media support for our bilingual Public Service Campaign to engage parents in their children’s education, the HSF name has become a symbol of college support for the Hispanic community. Our websites received 1.5 million visitors and 2.7 million combined page views. We also continue to guide parents and students through the college-going process though our community outreach efforts as well as print and online resources . The parental engagement campaign alone has ranked in the top three Spanish-language Ad-Council campaigns, and this year we saw a significant increase in key metrics:
- Campaign earned more than $25 million in donated media.
- Consistently ranked in the top Ad Council campaigns for Spanish TV.
- PSAs were placed in top Hispanic markets such as Los Angeles, El Paso, New York and Miami.
- Campaign was highly memorable among Hispanic parents.
- 29% of parents recall the television Public Service Announcements (up from 18% baseline).
- Awareness of HSF increased significantly, 41% to 47%.
- Bilingual college resources accessed through campaign microsites yourwordstoday.org and tuspalabrasdehoy.org.
- 1.3 million page views since launch.
- 1,081% increase in visitors from prior year (632,214 vs. 53,510).
- 214 thousand bilingual DVDs, with information resources, inspirational messages and mini-novellas distributed.
- DVDs were found to be informational and motivating by parents.
- More than 200 organizations have placed orders via website.
- Significant increase in parents’ knowledge and belief that they could help get their child to go college:
- Said that they believe that they are “very knowledgeable” of the steps, 30% → 38%.
- Said they have “a lot” of influence, 66% → 71%.